Popsicle sticks or skewer sticks
Yarn of different colors
1. Glue the small sticks in the shape of cross and wait for them to dry
2. Tie the color yarn together so that the entire length is about a meter and a half
3. Tie one end of the yarn to the middle of the cross made by the sticks
4. Begin to wrap the yarn around each of the four parts of the cross
a. Loop the yarn around one stick and then continue to the next
b. Continue to do this until you’ve covered the entire cross
5. Tie off the end of the yarn
6. Your star is ready to hang!
Kelsey’s Crafts is a TYO blog column on how to make simple and fun crafts with children out of things found around the house. Kelsey is the Co-Coordinator of Triple Exposure at TYO. She teaches several art classes to children and youth.